In this guide, we’d like to outline all the essential prep stages and key decisions you’ll need to make as you get started with an enterprise web application development project.
FINDING YOUR SOLUTION
- Spend time with those who will use the application.
- Observing how users complete the tasks you are trying to simplify is more enlightening than any specification document.
- Actually speaking to those who will be interacting with your application on a daily basis will create a much more effective solution than blindly following the directives of whoever commissioned the project
Development phase for creating Web apps (Web applications) is broken down into 2 parts to eliminate erroneous procedures and to fasten up the web development process.
DESIGNING UI/UX AND THE FRONTEND (client side coding)
In designing phase UI designer, Front end web developer, business analyst and client collectively decide the colour scheme and initial idea of web application’s appearance by taking in to account the functionalities that have to be built by front end web developer. Web designer designs wireframes and mockups which then used by front end web developers and UX designers as a blueprint to create UI of Web apps (Web applications).Based on the user’s device ,a responsive website adjusts the placement of design element and overall layout for the optimal interactive experiences, which should include,
· A fluid layout
· Responsive images
· Media Queries
Front end Web app (Web application) development tech stack:
· HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
· CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
BACKEND DEVELOPMENT (server-side coding):
includes managing services on the back end, database handling, session management, creating security for web applications, API development cloud storage. In Layman’s term,
“ it’s the tech engine, powering all the functions of your web app.”
Back end Web apps (Web applications) development tech stack
· PHP (very common Server Side Scripting language — Linux / Unix based Open Source — free redistribution, usually combines with MySQL database)
· Zend Framework (PHP’s Object Oriented Web Application Framework)
· ASP.NET (Microsoft’s Web Application Framework — a successor of ASP)
· ColdFusion (Adobe’s Web Application Framework)
· Ruby on Rails (Ruby programming’s Web Application Framework — free redistribution)
· Python (general-purpose high-level programming language and Server Side Scripting language — free redistribution)
· Django (python programming’s Web Application Framework — free redistribution) and more..
Develop just enough to get the job done for right now with agile development
- Agile development is a more flexible, realistic approach to building applications.
- Break down all application functionalities into project stories that can be completed in 2-week sprints (for example, “allow users to log in”)
- Backlog all other stories
- Tackle small pieces of functionality and any dependencies first.
- Backlog all other stories.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize stories by order importance to the business.
- Do thorough user testing after each sprint.
- Implement feedback and resubmit the functionality for user testing.
- Once approved, move onto the next story.
Project management tools like Jira can help you plan and track each phase of application development.
Predicting how users will respond to your application can be hard, and a lot of time and money can be wasted building features that no one actually uses.Feedback provides a clearer picture of where you should go next. But be careful with user feedback.
Allow users time to adjust to the application before making changes.
When building a web app, frequent user testing is the most critical step to accomplishing your business goals.
Dedicating hours to testing upfront will save you time and money in the long run. You won’t have to completely overhaul the application after six months of work. Instead, you can address concerns in real-time and make small changes when you need to and when the application is ready for launch, there won’t be any surprises. You’ll have peace of mind knowing you’re getting exactly what you envisioned for your business application.